Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fernsk

Small [I mean tiny] Rose garden

fernsk
17 years ago

Has anyone in this forum ever created a tiny rose garden? After visiting alot of houses on various Garden tours over the summer, I have found that I need to incorporate roses into my new garden. I started out wanting to include one rose but then some "evil" people on the Far North forum introduced me to their gallery where I saw pictures of more beautiful roses than you could imagine - now I want more. However I want to include other plants with the roses - in my climate I'm limited to hardy roses but they do grow here- I've seen them. This curved garden will only be about 8 ft x 12 ft and already has a cherry bush/tree at one edge. There is my 6 ft fence enclosing the entire 17 x 17.5 ft of my back yard and I have poured a curved sidewalk and patio earlier this summer. Direct southern exposure will provide enough sunlight for roses and I already have some miniature delphiniums planted which I want to include with the roses. I would like to fit 3 [or maybe 4] roses into this space with one being fairly tall or climbing [Quadra or Prairie Joy are under consideration]. I also love Lambert Closse, Winnipeg Parks and J.P. Connell - I'm afraid to look at more pictures. Any suggestions on how to design this tiny space would be welcome....

Fern

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor