Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cantaloupe

Posted by firstimegardener zone 3 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 15, 08 at 15:18

hey guys about 2 weeks ago we bought a cantaloupe from the grocery store, well my common law didn't believe me that the seeds would grow if they were planted so he planted them all! now we have about 15 plants between 2-6 inches tall, I'm just wondering if anyone has grown these indoors because it's WAY too late in the season to replant outside and he is just so excited about his new "babies" that will "feed the family", that I would hate to see them die on him, any ideas or tips or experience would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Small melons similar to Bit O' Honey

Hi,
Im new here and am growing melons this year. Unfortunately, the Bit OHoney I would like to grow is not currently available. As a result, Ive been considering the Sleeping Beauty [found at http://www.localharvest.org/muskmelon-seeds-sleeping-beauty-C5872] and the Sharlyn [found at http://www.seedsofchange.com/garden_center/product_details.asp?item_no=S10804&q=+melon] as possible small melons. Im in zone 5b. Any advice?

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here