Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basement Garden Zero Sun

Posted by WhoDaMan2454 Pa (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 23:10

Hi I am interested in creating a small to medium basement garden. It is a finished basement with one window that is in a closet. The garden will see no sunlight at all, it will be 100% inside my basement at all times. The main things i would like to grow are tomatoes and strawberries, if there are other fruits that can survive probably those also. Some veggies will probably come later. Is this going to be possible? Can I get away without using all sorts of expensive equipment/lights?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basement Garden Zero Sun

Fruiting plants (tomatoes are actually a fruit) require full sun for up to 14 hours a day. You are not likely to get the quality or intensity of light without investing in some good lighting. A couple of florescent bulbs will get seedlings started, but to grow them to maturity and produce fruit, you might want to invest in a little greenhouse... outdoors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here