Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alaskanamazon

Best nurserys in WA?

alaskanamazon
18 years ago

Can anyone reccomend any good nurserys in WA? I've been to Sky's and Swansons and am looking for others. I live on the Olympic Peninsula and Seattle.

Comments (7)

• ljrmiller
    18 years ago

I've always been happy with the plants I've received from Heronswood Nursery (on the Kitsap Peninsula, I believe). I fell in love with the offerings from Mt. Tahoma Nursery, but I don't know whether they are mail-order only, and I haven't ordered yet, so I can't personally vouch for the quality of their plants. I'd LOVE to visit Cistus Nursery in Portland (as long as I'm thinking PNW road trip here...). I'm certain there must be some amazing nurseries in your region. Wait...find a book called "The Jewel Box Garden". The author runs a nursery in the Vancouver (Canada) area, I believe. I think that Collector's Nursery is in Washington not too far from Seattle, too. Again, I have no idea if they have on-site retail sales. If I'm not mistaken, Little and Lewis are based in the Seattle area as well (really cool garden art).

• Embothrium
    18 years ago

The two you mentioned are walk-in garden centers. If that is what you are looking for, be sure to include Wells-Medina, near Bellevue. From Seattle, take first right after floating bridge, go right again and there they are.

For tracking down specific plants pick up THE PLANT LOCATOR - WESTERN REGION sourcebook. For a regional map of participating nurseries grab a copy of the Specialty Nursery Association leaflet (at a member nursery) or visit their web site.

• psaltee
    18 years ago

Tsugawa Nursery & Greenhouses
    (360) 225-8750

410 E Scott Ave
    Woodland, WA 98674

Well organized. Well maintained. Many hard to find plant materials and species. Clean! Knowledgeable staff.

Great Saturday or Sunday afternoon drive.

Well worth the investment.

Psaltee

• rain1950
    18 years ago

Very large nice one outside of Auburn

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Dipper

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    18 years ago

Collectors is in Battleground and open by appointment, so call first - a long drive to arrive and find the gates locked. Little and Lewis on Bainbridge - same, appointment. Heronswood is open on specific dates without an appointment, check the website. If you are in the area of Heronswood and Little and Lewis, be sure to stop at Bainbridge Gardens, always open (and they serve great food in their cafe).

I second Wells Medina, one of my favorites. And if it's full garden shopping with all the extras other than but still including plants, don't forget Molbaks.

• Violet_Z6
    17 years ago

You can also go to the Garden Watchdog online. Narrow the search criteria to your state and what you're looking for. Most have customer reviews.

• tommy_sequim
    16 years ago

OK, OK. Now how about nurseries that are actually on the Olympic Peninsula. In the Sequim - Port Angeles area? Most of the ones mentioned here have been 2 to 3 hours away. Gas is $3 a gallon. Lots of nurseries around here - what do you think?

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County