Return to the Garden Sources Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best nurserys in WA?

Posted by alaskanamazon Seattle, WA (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 19, 06 at 0:03

Can anyone reccomend any good nurserys in WA? I've been to Sky's and Swansons and am looking for others. I live on the Olympic Peninsula and Seattle.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best nurserys in WA?

I've always been happy with the plants I've received from Heronswood Nursery (on the Kitsap Peninsula, I believe). I fell in love with the offerings from Mt. Tahoma Nursery, but I don't know whether they are mail-order only, and I haven't ordered yet, so I can't personally vouch for the quality of their plants. I'd LOVE to visit Cistus Nursery in Portland (as long as I'm thinking PNW road trip here...). I'm certain there must be some amazing nurseries in your region. Wait...find a book called "The Jewel Box Garden". The author runs a nursery in the Vancouver (Canada) area, I believe. I think that Collector's Nursery is in Washington not too far from Seattle, too. Again, I have no idea if they have on-site retail sales. If I'm not mistaken, Little and Lewis are based in the Seattle area as well (really cool garden art).

o

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 22, 06 at 21:01

The two you mentioned are walk-in garden centers. If that is what you are looking for, be sure to include Wells-Medina, near Bellevue. From Seattle, take first right after floating bridge, go right again and there they are.

For tracking down specific plants pick up THE PLANT LOCATOR - WESTERN REGION sourcebook. For a regional map of participating nurseries grab a copy of the Specialty Nursery Association leaflet (at a member nursery) or visit their web site.

o

Tsugawa Nursery & Greenhouses
(360) 225-8750

410 E Scott Ave
Woodland, WA 98674

Well organized. Well maintained. Many hard to find plant materials and species. Clean! Knowledgeable staff.

Great Saturday or Sunday afternoon drive.

Well worth the investment.

Psaltee

o

Very large nice one outside of Auburn

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Dipper

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 21, 06 at 12:46

Collectors is in Battleground and open by appointment, so call first - a long drive to arrive and find the gates locked. Little and Lewis on Bainbridge - same, appointment. Heronswood is open on specific dates without an appointment, check the website. If you are in the area of Heronswood and Little and Lewis, be sure to stop at Bainbridge Gardens, always open (and they serve great food in their cafe).

I second Wells Medina, one of my favorites. And if it's full garden shopping with all the extras other than but still including plants, don't forget Molbaks.

o

You can also go to the Garden Watchdog online. Narrow the search criteria to your state and what you're looking for. Most have customer reviews.

o

OK, OK. Now how about nurseries that are actually on the Olympic Peninsula. In the Sequim - Port Angeles area? Most of the ones mentioned here have been 2 to 3 hours away. Gas is $3 a gallon. Lots of nurseries around here - what do you think?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Sources Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here