ankraras

Variegated Lily of the valley

ankraras
21 years ago

Want this plant bad..... Any nursery recommendations. Thanks! Supannee ;-]

Comments (11)

• JMLehrer
    21 years ago

Try Seneca Hill Perennials in NY (online, catalog). They also have the rare double-flowered form. Other places like Wayside, Variegated Foliage Nursery and Roslyn Nursery sell it, as well. Will this plant thrive in your climate??

• ankraras
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Thank You kindly Jonathan. The white flower form does well in a shady area here and so far the pink flower appears to be thriving also even thought it has not flowered for me yet. I am hoping to grow the variegate form and perhaps if I am lucky I could possibly grow other varieties as well. Thanks again, I am very excited to check out all the nurseries you mentioned and am keeping my fingers crossed! Supannee ;-]

• ankraras
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Well, I am back to square one. The one nursery that has these plants does not ship to Arizona.
    Supannee ;-[

• butterflylion
    21 years ago

Where did you find the variegated lily of the valley for sale? I'd like to grow it, too. Thanks!

• ankraras
    Original Author
    21 years ago

butterflylion ;- Sending you e-mail.

• gordonhawk
    20 years ago

OH.. thanks for the varigated nursery link. I'm driving up to CT next weekend to visit them... I can't wait.. as varaigation is one sure way to make it into my garden
    Gordon

• ankraras
    Original Author
    20 years ago

GordonHawk ;- Lucky for you! I sure wish that it was that easy for me. I hope you get a double variety as well. As for myself......Looking continues........

• Datdog
    19 years ago

Here is mine blooming this season.... I obtained mine from a local gardener.

Close up... I have a few of these spread around the yard. They are very slow to multiply.

• ankraras
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I'm really delighted that you posted these gorgeous photos. I wish I could keep mine as well grown as
    yours. I can tell you are one of those who simply grows plants beautifully! Thank You!

• gardengardengardenga
    19 years ago

Datdog, will you be dividing those anytime and if so I would very much like to trade with you if that would work for you.

• twerpsgpa
    14 years ago

I have about 30 plants to sell this spring. I have grown these for about 10 years. They are progeny of plants from the garden of Hosta guru Herb Benedict. They have a tendency to revert to the plain un-variegated coloration, consequently they require culling each year in order to maintain the dramatic striping. Prolific in full shade, somewhat more color and striping with about 3hrs of morning sun. See EBAY item #200464554237

Sponsored