Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherry36502

What about Gorge Top Gardens?

Sherry36502
20 years ago

I found Gorge Top Gardens on-line and they are having a 50% off sale that ends today. I'm thinking of placing an order for spring ~ Has anyone heard of them or ordered from them?

Thanks,

Sherry

Comments (15)

• mrsflowers
    20 years ago

I just ordered from them today. Never heard of them but, they had some plants I wanted so, I'm taking my chances with them. I didn't get any discount.

Lilly

• FarmMama
    20 years ago

I have been using this website for a number of years now, and find it very helpful when I want to order from a company I've never done business with before. I think it's saved me lots and lots of hassles!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden WatchDog

• Sherry36502
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Geez... I missed the sale!
    Actually Gorge Top Gardens won't come up on Garden Watchdog.

Lilly ~ Please let us know how your order arrives.

Thanks,
    Sherry

• mirandy
    20 years ago

I just placed an order with them today. They were having a 20% off sale and free shipping until March 7. Then I went in search of info and ended up here. Don't know anything about them. Never heard of them before. Will see what happens.

Here is a link that might be useful: gorgetop

• Sherry36502
    Original Author
    20 years ago

mirandy ~ will you let us know what you think when your plants arrive.

Thanks,
    Sherry

• mirandy
    20 years ago

Plants arrived today. Packaging was excellent. Plants were terribly wilted and the soil in the pots was very dry. I think they could have done better in that area. Otherwise it was great. They included a free one. They emailed last week to let me know there would be a week delay due to the wet, rainy weather. I would order from them again but ask them to make sure the plants are moistened well before shipping. These were Foxgloves and I have never purchased them before so it may be they don't ship well??

• Sherry36502
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I'm not sure about Foxgloves, but I've received several plants from different places with extremely dry soil.

Thanks for letting us know about them.

• chicagoerin
    19 years ago

Mirandy-thanks for letting us know, I too ordered 6 and can't wait for them to arrive. Might be a few weeks as I am zone 5a.
    Erin

• mrsflowers
    19 years ago

Just received my order today of:
    1 hosta 'Krossa regal'
    2 daylily 'Hyperion'
    1 clematis 'Madam Le Coultre'

They're all bare-root and are packaged very well. The daylilies and hosta are already growing. I can't plant them yet because the rain hasn't stopped for 3 days here in Pa. and more to come.
    I'm going to pot up the clematis to give it a good start and plant the others in the ground as soon as the rain lets up.
    I'm very pleased and would order again. In fact I'm going back to the website today and look for more plants-LOL.

Lilly

• Sherry36502
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Lilly ~ I'm glad your plants arrived happy! I am going to check out their website again today!!

Sherry

• scotty_booth
    18 years ago

I placed an order with Gorge Top Gardens on April 23 and I asked for it to be mailed on May 10th. After 5 days I Emailed them two times. They finally answered the second one and said they were running behind and the order was scheduled to go out that week and I would be notified by Email when it was sent. That's been over a week. They wont answer my emails or phone calls. They took my money, so I guess I'm stuck. Even if I get the order that will sure be the last order they will get from me. Scott

• scotty_booth
    18 years ago

I must apologize for the what I wrote about Gorge Top Gardens on may 24th. I recieved a phone call from them and they had a death in the family and were out of the nursery for most of the week. Gorge Top Gardens is a family ran and I know how hard they work to make a living. It's a "thing of the past" so to speak. They should get our business as much as possible. Sorry, Scott.

• n2water
    12 years ago

Does anyone know anything about the company at coneflowers.net? I can't find a physical address so I can't check with the BBB.

• anninislandcity
    12 years ago

I ordered 2 Turn of the Century and 1 Blue River 11 hibiscus, spring of 2011. What was labeled as "Turn of the Century" a large growing plant, turned out to be a shorter bright red Hibiscus. Blue River 11 did not come up at all

I emailed their Replacement etc. sending a photo of the red hibiscus and asking for a replacements but did not hear from them again. Right now in 2012, I emailed the request again.

Will let you know if I get a response.

• nkarl2005
    8 years ago

I ordered eight plants on July 30,2015 with a delivery date of September 2015. So far I have received NOTHING. They don't answer my phone calls or my e-mails. Either I want a refund or the hostas. Its to late to plant them now so if you decide to send them, do so in March or April 2016 and let me know what you decide to do since you already have my money. My order #hosta-28748.

Hopefully someone will reply.

Nancy Karl