Return to the Garden Sources Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what is my easter lilly doing?

Posted by RobinLynn42 Virginia (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 9:12

I rescued this Easter lilly last year when a co worker was going to throw it away after its blooms fell off. Through the winter I just kept it watered hoping I'd be able to plant it outside in spring as other websites have indicated it won't bloom a second time indoors.
Over the last six weeks its really gone a little crazy on me and I'm just not sure what is best for it from here.
-Its grown about 6-8 inches in a month and a half. I just placed a stick in the pot to guide it and it was about 4inches shorter than the stick when I places it.
-It had a "baby", literaly not there a month ago and now its 6-8 inches tall
-It has grassy like growth in the soil that matches the leaves of the mother plant but not as stalky.
-Little buds have popped out in about half a dozen places on the stalk where leaves use to be.

As I said I had planned on finding a spot outside and seeing what happens when the weather warms a bit but its had do much activity recently I'm just not sure what to do with it.

Any help/ suggestions/ advice or info?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what is my easter lilly doing?

Here is another photo

o
RE: what is my easter lilly doing?

I believe that you will get more help if you post this in another form. This form is not for that sort of thing and so people here are not as likely to know. I suggest that you repost this on the houseplant form.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Sources Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here