Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bulldinkie

Anyone ordered from High Country Gardens????

bulldinkie
21 years ago

I just got my order and i tell you these people are real special. I have never in all my 30 years of gardening had such a pleasant shopping experience. The plants are beautiful.you can log onto high countrygardens.com. They are from Sante Fe New Mexico.Im just thrilled can you tell??Look them up.

Comments (12)

• msgreenjeans
    21 years ago

I love them...they have some great penstemons and lots of plants that don't require lots of irrigation. Many unique varieties and beautiful plants. I also was very pleased with the stuff I bought.

• eleanor_rigby
    21 years ago

I have four cacti on order with them. One is for a gift--now, I can't wait to see what I get! I figured I would take a chance. Looks like it will be a good one.

Eleanor

• DawnLeah
    21 years ago

I ordered quite a bit from them, i have to say i was a little disapointed over the small plants i recieved, they were like seedlings, but maybe its because i ordered them in the fall, However all of the plants are alive and Finally growing.I just thought for the prices they should at least give you more than just seedlings.
    Dawn

• bulldinkie
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Alot of the plants I ordered you had your choice of 2 sizes. I took the bigger I figured it had a better chance. They were beautiful . Im glad I did that. Id rather pay a little more.

• cnm7
    21 years ago

I order from them at least twice a year and since I live in NM I can drive to their nursery occasionally. Always top-quality plants and outstanding customer service. All plants shipped in pots, always on time and some perennials with 18" stems. Every plant I've ever received has been healthy with a good-sized root system. Plants are guaranteed and you will ALWAYS get an answer on the phone or email. After reading about some of the nightmares some folks have gone thru with mail-order plants it's good to know there's a nursery out there that DOES care about customer service and quality.

• bodiCA
    21 years ago

I just planted my first order form them and I'm thrilled. Beautiful healthy plants, arrive strong and take off so quickly. Their packaging is excellent, very well designed, for shipping with as little trauma as possible, given the brutality that is unavoidable from carriers. I will order from them often!

• finchelover
    21 years ago

I have ordered from them the last couple years and am getting ready to put in another order. I love the way they pack and ship Never had anything die that they sent

• frogribbit
    21 years ago

I've also had a very nice experience with this company. The plants were a little small but they grew like crazy. They are very helpful in answering your questions via email also.

• newyorkrita
    21 years ago

I love High Country Gardens. I ordered multiple times from them this Spring and all the plants are thriving in my garden. I have to say this is the best mail order nursery I have ever dealt with.

• borde
    20 years ago

I've ordered from them for several years, and have been well pleased. I find them a little bit pricey, but they come very well packed, and in good shape, and over the years, I have done LOTS of mail order shopping. They have the best I have seen.
    Not everything that I purchased from them have lived, but that is not their fault they all started off good. I would order again without hesitation.

• springcherry
    20 years ago

Wonderful company. Some of the best packaging and healthiest plants I have ever recieved.
    Springcherry

• rose2u
    20 years ago

I was elated when I found this company. They're just what I need to garden in the Desert. I have learned alot from this company. They sell products that help me amend my poor desert soil and to help keep my plants healthy. I have ordered their compost, Yum Yum fertilizer, Planters II fertilizer. Also, I have two Sedums from them. I did think they were a little too small for the price, but they're still alive. I'm expecting two larger plants in Feb. to try. I only wished I had found them sooner, before I had planted other plants, and lost quite a few.

Desert Dweller

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County