Return to the Garden Sources Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
source to purchase seed envelopes

Posted by lakedallasmary 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 29, 06 at 23:33

I know you can print free seed envelopes, but the printer is broken. Plus all that gluing and taping.

I need an on-line source. I would like envelopes with pretty pictures on the them like the printable ones, not if not available,
then plain is ok.

also while we are taking about it, a good on-line source of small quatities of small bubble mailers, would help

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: source to purchase seed envelopes

I buy manila coin envelopes from Staples office supply store and I know they do on-line orders. I'm fortunate that we have one a couple miles from our home.

The envelopes come in different sizes...the smallest, which are about half the size of actual seed envelopes, work great for most seeds and for sharing seed with others. They sell them in boxes of about 250 if I remember correctly. Mine also were not self adhesive.

As far as labels...I print my own labels off the computer to put on the back side of the envelopes which helps to keep them closed should you get a batch with inadequate glue and adds a nice cosmetic touch to the finished product.

I'm sure there are a lot of other sources out there. I recommend doing a web search (Google or other). Hope this hhelps and good luck!

o

thank you very much

o

Seed Savers Exchange offers several types of envelopes; heat-seal foil for long-term storage, and self-sealing paper for seed swapping. The paper types come either blank, or pre-printed with generic info on many popular seeds (beans, radish, marigold, etc.). Link follows.

If you prefer similar blank envelopes, or are looking for bulk rates, you can also try Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, which carries both foil and paper in several types & quantities.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed saving envelopes

o
Seed Envelopes

I have vintage seed envelopes in excellent condition, at least 25 years old, printed for "Allen, Sterling & Lothrop" of Falmouth Maine. I will never use them all so I'm selling them at 15 cents each envelope. They can be used for seeds or artistic endeavors (I've sold some to artists using them for mobiles and vegetable decor). Pictures can be seen at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25947181@N03/

Envelopes are for: Ageratum, Alyssum, Aster, Beans, Borage, Chrysanthemum, Cress, Cucumber, Delphinium, Endive, Fennel, Foxglove, Gypsophila, Lettuce, Marigold, Morning Glory, Pansy, Petunia, Popcorn, Poppy, Primrose, Radish, Salvia, Squash, Sunflower, Sweet William, Tomato, Zinnia

Here is a link that might be useful: Janes Garden

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Sources Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here