Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
j_spoonamore

national home gardening club is a scam!!!

j.spoonamore
13 years ago

I DIDN'T EVEN SIGN UP AND STARTED RECEIVING INVOICES?? WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?? THE PHONE LINES ARE ALWAYS BUSY AND REGARDLESS OF THE FACT THAT I SENT MY INVOICE BACK WITH CANCEL WROTE ON IT I STILL RECEIVE BILLS AND BOOKS THAT I DIDN'T ASK FOR TO BEGIN WITH.....

Comments (4)

• kayjones
    13 years ago

If you didn't order a product that you get in the mail, and THEY can't prove that you did, you get to keep it.

• tracey_nj6
    13 years ago

It's quite possible that the invoice isn't actually an invoice, but something like an invitation? I've gotten magazine subscription invoices from magazines I'd never ordered. I consider them junk mail and toss them.

Considering you have received books, something is obviously screwy. Have you Googled the company or their telephone number?

• sphilly60_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

My mother keeps receiving threatening notices from this company that she owes money for their membership. They state that she enrolled in February but, she fell and was the hospital and rehab during that month and has since moved to assisted living. She's still sharp of mind and insists she never enrolled and, since she was in the hospital, I'm sure she didn't. Additionally, she's been using a walker for at least two years and has RA and has not been able to garden in years. The company states they sent free gifts including gas cards, magazine, free member gifts and knee pads. I've been getting her mail since February and never received such items. I chose to ignore the notice last month for I've received two other similar "club" invoices also indicating she enrolled during the month she was in the hospital. I figured they're all scams trying to take advantage of elderly people. This month's invoice threatens to turn her over to collections! Well, just go ahead and try! These people are the scum of the earth!

• sanchezcindym_aol_com
    12 years ago

I fell for this too!! I went to pay what WAS supposed to be a $12 membership fee, the link in the email took me to a supposed secure payment site where I was being charged $24 for a 2 year membership, I went ahead and input my AMEX card info, I didn't receive any confirmation of my payment, my membership, receipt...NOTHING!!! Within a 2 hour period of time I receive a call, a text and an email from AMEX regarding possible fraudulent charges. The $24 never charged to my account, but $620.57 from RadioShack in NY was charged. WTF??? THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS!!! BEWARE!!!

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm