Return to the Garden Sources Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for replacement canopy for a freestanding swing

Posted by Storygardener 5/6 central oh (My Page) on
Sat, May 8, 04 at 16:22

I got it at Lowe's. Don't know the brand..we were in the process of moving. I can't find replacement canopys anywhere.

I may have to have my neighbor make me one.

Thanks...Beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for replacement canopy for a freestanding swing

It would be very easy to make a new one. with the coated canvas or a laminated fabric you wouldn't even have to sew it. Just a straight piece of fabric and tuck the corners and tie with a another strip of fabric or pin with a decreative accessory. Tack it to the frame with press on hook and loop tape. (Velcro)

Here is a link that might be useful: Replacement canopy

o

Story do you have a Big Lots near you? I was just in last week and they have replacement canopies for your swing, i think they were $10 or 20,don't remember.

o

Thanks Cactus Freak for the link and sewing ideas. If I can't find one...I think my neighbor will make me one.

Happyplanter...yes, I do have a Big Lots near by. I will check it out today. Thanks for the tip!! I hope they have one that fits!!

...Beverly

o

Happyplanter....I found one at Big Lots!!! Thanks so much for the information. This is great.

...Beverly

o

I'm also in need of a replacement canopy, there are none at Big-Lots in Kansas City

o

I made one using two 60 x 100 plain table clothes I had sewn two table clothes together trimming excess fabric from the center seam. I choose a color to match the swings frame (most neutral to match existing cushions)
This way the hems were already done on all four sides.

The left over fabric was used for two rod pockets. they already had one hem.

Just measure carefully to you old canopy!

I left the corners hanging, but you could crop for flaps or tailor fit them.

You can also turn over your seat cushions to get extra years out of them. Or buy three new separate ones for the swing. Much cheaper/prettier than the $150 Fortunoff wanted for swing canopy and swing cushion.

Thanks for all your postings,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Sources Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here