Return to the Garden Sources Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did I do the right thing with my schefflera?

Posted by Brandys_garden none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 0:00

It's a year old. It's had it's ups and downs. I kept it outdoors all season until fall last year and for about 2 months, it did well. Then it slowly started dying and no matter what I did, and I tried every tip I could find online, nothing helped. Basically Walmart offered me a replacement plant because they felt bad for me. But I didn't give up... I started over with it I cut off the roots which were rotted completely and falling apart and put the last healthy stem in the newly soiled pot and hoped for the best. Well, it worked and it started filling out again.

Recently, I've noticed it's happening again, the leaves are looking weak and paler. So I checked the roots, again rotted pretty much through and it had spider mites. So I cut off to the healthy part and again potted it in clean and new soil. I am hoping for the best but it still has leaves on it. Did I do the right thing?

My replacement schefflera is wonderful, just so you know. It's full and beautiful. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong and keep doing wrong with my older one? I treat them both the same. And my replacement plant is flourishing. Are some just more succeptible to disease or mites?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did I do the right thing with my schefflera?

Try posting this on the house plant forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Sources Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here