Return to the Garden Sources Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden hose recommendations

Posted by Petaloid SoCal 10a/24 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 1:01

I live in Southern California and am in need of a good brand of hose to replace two old, kinky ones.

In the front we could use one about 30" long and in the back we need more like 50."

Accessible stores include Lowe's, Costco, OSH and Home Depot. (Maybe others I haven't thought of.)

Can any of you recommend something tried-and-true?

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden hose recommendations

I have never found a good cheap hose, so I recommend getting the top of the line, whichever brand you get. Anytime I have been tempted by a bargain hose I could have just thrown my money out the window and had the same result.

I have two 100' Swan hoses that are at least 15 years old, and they are starting to kink near the end, so I think that I'm going to need new ones soon - sigh. I'd certainly consider buying Swan again, but jeez, the company could have changed hands 10 times since I bought these and I wouldn't assume that the quality would absolutely be the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Sources Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here