Return to the Garden Sources Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In a desperate search!!!!

Posted by daisystink southern california (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 12, 07 at 15:05

I recently placed a large order with Jackson & Perkins due to arrive in October and January and have had a terrible time finding supersized planters! I am looking for something the size of an old bathtub (my original search for an old or unwanted tub went unanswered)that I can use for a large container planting. My online search for even a galvenized steel tub this size proved unsuccessful. Does anyone know of a retailer or used site I might be able to purchase something this size without having to buy an expensive brand new bathing tub?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In a desperate search!!!!

Have you checked out feed stores...for watering tanks?

o

Do you have a yahoo Freecycle there? You could post a need on that site. Also we have 2good2toss, where items are free in our area. Maybe your area has the same.
darlene

o

If you haven't found anything yet, try Craig's list, too. The site for Freecycle is freecycle.org and then just click on maps until you get to your state and area.
Carol B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Sources Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here