Return to the Garden Sources Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordering from Tennessee Nursery (tnnursery.net)

Posted by oraclexml (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 1, 10 at 9:44

Beware of this company. I have a very bad experience with this company. I ordered $700 worth of trees from their websites and I got an email from as follows:

============================
Daer Mr. Gandhi:
Thank you for the order your placed at tnnursery.net.
I do have a slight concern about these trees your purchased to
deliver to Virginia.
Your ordered ball and burlap trees.These trees can not ship normal ups,
they would have to come via a semi common carrier and the rate would be
triple the price of the trees to ship.
But i do have a solution if you'd accept.We can dig the exact same trees and bare root them
and your shipping would on;y be $91.50.Bare root trees must be planted within 5 days
after receival,this is the only diffrence.
I will not do anythign until i hear form you but i do think you'd be satisfied with these trees,
they are very nice and landscape quality as well as being state certified.
Please email me and let me know your thoughts on the above matter and let me know
when you'd want them shipped and i will make sure they get out on time.
Tammy Sons
Tn Nursery
=============================================

I immediately sent an email to cancel the order and left a voice mail too. But they ended-up charging my credit card. I called the credit card company and they told me that they cannot refund my money as Tennessee Nursery (tnnursery.net) has already dug my trees. This is a total FRAUD and I am leaving them messages and they will not even return my call, even though I have given them my cell number.

Please make due diligence before you proceed with this FRAUDULENT company.

Thanks,

Ajay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordering from Tennessee Nursery (tnnursery.net)

Call your state's Attorney General and file a complaint - they will help you!

o

I also had an issue with tnnursery. I had been looking for a couple of years for a source of Painted Trillium (trillium undulatum). I ran across their website and they had this plant. I ordered 100 and also 100 Shooting Start(dodecatheon meadia). They arrived within a week and looked great. When the trillium started blooming this past spring they were not T.undulatum, they were the Nodding Trillium (T.flexipes). I contacted the company, spoke with Tammy, who immediately got defensive and said they had the right to substitute. I found this odd, since I had talked to her and another employee twice during the ordering process and was assured what they were offering was T. undulatum and they had over 16,000 plants available. The reason for the concern was I had ordered from another company the previous year and did not get T. undulatum, but another species of trillium. Tammy's response after the substiution comment was that I could return the plants, I asked how,I couldn't dig them up at that point. After this phone call they would not respond to any e-mails. The company's attitude really turned me off and after reading posts here and on other forums about tnnursery I see there is reason to take a second thought before dealing with them ever again. I hate this, because the items I recieved were wonderful plants and rhizomes, but were not what was ordered. Use caution if you decide to order. Also, DNT Tree Farm and Quick Growing Trees are 2 of the apparently numerous companies under the umbrella of tnnurery wholesale. The Tennessee Attorney General should be looking into this company(ies).

o

I was Sued By Tennessee Wholesale Nursery. I purchased bare root plants from this company in the Spring of 2011. I was not happy with my purchase and I felt the company could have offered to do a whole lot more to stand behind their products. Being dissatisfied with their policies, I posted a negative review of this company on the Garden Watchdog section of a prominent gardening forum by gardeners for gardeners. The company apparently took exception to my review on this site because they sued me for defamation (Libel) and damages in the amount of $13,000.00 plus court costs and attorney fees. The trial took place in Grundy County Tennessee General Sessions Court on September 27, 2011 and lasted approximately 4 hours. I drove from Maryland to Tennessee to appear in court to defend myself with the help of the local attorney I hired. The judge reached his verdict on October 7, 2011. He dismissed this case against me "for lack of jurisdiction" in Tennessee (I am from Maryland) and also because "the plaintiffs (the nursery) failed to establish a prima facie case of defamation". Who would have thought that spending $220.30 at an online nursery in Tennessee would end up with me having to appear in court and spending thousands of dollars in travel expenses and attorney fees to defend myself from a lawsuit which started out as a $220.30 purchase?

o

Noted on 4-3-2013 - Tennessee Wholesale Nursery is currently using the following business names and e-mail addresses: Tennessee Wholesale Nursery, www.tennesseewholesalenursery.com; Quick Growing Trees, www.Quick-growing-trees.com; The Tree Nursery, www.tnnursery.net; DNT Tree Nursery and DNT Tree Farm, www.dntnursery.com; Trees-Plants, www.tree-plants.com and Tn Tree Nursery (Native Tree & Plant Nursery), www.tnnursery.net Many of these websites post a policy statement in their warranty section which states that if you attempt to get a chargeback from your credit card company the business will add $250.00 or 10% of the order to the customer's balance regardless of the circumstances. BE AWARE OF THIS POLICY. Also, note that Tennessee Wholesale Nursery has an "F" rating with the Chattanooga, Tn Better Business Bureau, with 70 complaints listed. I find myself wondering why a business operates under so many different names.

o

I have only ordered with them once before, and received plants which were bare root and took a while to get green, but otherwise had no trouble except for a few which did not take. They just gave me a store credit for those which were too dry to live.

o

I too have had a horrible experience ordering from TN Nursery or also dba under the names of Tammy and Sons Logging, D&T Nursery. They charged my credit card - but never shipped the product. When calling to check on order - they never answered the phone or returned any of my calls. I sent emails to their "contact us" - never any replies. Finally after 30 days I cancelled the order - then they replied that my order would ship in 10 days. Too late, I cancelled - they then told me that I couldn't cancel and that they would just bill my credit card. They flat out told me that they could just bill my credit card and that they would get their money and I could dispute with credit card company and then they hung up. I've never in my life experienced a scam of a company like this. Please do your research - if it says "affliated with Tennessee Nursery or TN Nursery - do not ORDER. They have numerous websites - they look real - but it's a scam. Customer - please be smart - do your research! There are other good wholesale nurseries that are just as cheap. Try Cold Stream - they are great!!!

o

I ordered an Eastern Cottonwood, sent from TN to NY. The order took weeks to process. Once in the mail, it took about four days to arrive, if my memory serves correctly. The roots were not in soil. The tree was wrapped in burlap, with nothing to support the stem or branches of the tree. The tips of the branches had been cracked in several places. The Postal Service hung the tree in the newspaper rack of my mailbox. I prepped the spot to plant the tree, and planted it, waiting weeks to see if the buds that were on the tree would open. They never opened. So, I spoke with an arborist who instructed me to do a "scratch test" on the tree. I scratched the tree to find that it was dead. Upon contacting TN Nursery, they told me they couldn't refund the tree: "We are unable to process this claim, because we weren't contacted within 24 hours." WIthin 24 hours of what? If I give the tree a chance to live, then I'm going to possess the tree within 24 hours! TN Nursery is a scam, and deserves the poor reputation it has earned on sites like this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: TN Nursery

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Sources Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here