Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oraclexml

Ordering from Tennessee Nursery (tnnursery.net)

oraclexml
13 years ago

Beware of this company. I have a very bad experience with this company. I ordered $700 worth of trees from their websites and I got an email from as follows:

============================

Daer Mr. Gandhi:

Thank you for the order your placed at tnnursery.net.

I do have a slight concern about these trees your purchased to

deliver to Virginia.

Your ordered ball and burlap trees.These trees can not ship normal ups,

they would have to come via a semi common carrier and the rate would be

triple the price of the trees to ship.

But i do have a solution if you'd accept.We can dig the exact same trees and bare root them

and your shipping would on;y be $91.50.Bare root trees must be planted within 5 days

after receival,this is the only diffrence.

I will not do anythign until i hear form you but i do think you'd be satisfied with these trees,

they are very nice and landscape quality as well as being state certified.

Please email me and let me know your thoughts on the above matter and let me know

when you'd want them shipped and i will make sure they get out on time.

Tammy Sons

Tn Nursery

=============================================

I immediately sent an email to cancel the order and left a voice mail too. But they ended-up charging my credit card. I called the credit card company and they told me that they cannot refund my money as Tennessee Nursery (tnnursery.net) has already dug my trees. This is a total FRAUD and I am leaving them messages and they will not even return my call, even though I have given them my cell number.

Please make due diligence before you proceed with this FRAUDULENT company.

Thanks,

Ajay

Comments (161)

• Glenda Lindsay
    2 years ago

Your customer service in charge delighted me for a very fast reply on my query. I never thought I would wait minutes or more but I had my questions answered right away.

• Alice Coppell
    2 years ago

Happy to see my ordered shrubs doing well for a month now. I certainly will place repeat orders this afternoon. Glad I chose you, TN Nursery

• Rylee Evans
    2 years ago

Thank you so much for the assistance, TN Nursery. You really keep up with all my questions about bulk purchases about blueberries. What a marvelous experience I have with u TN nursery.

• HU-106213836
    2 years ago

TN must have a team that just puts out fake positive reviews. The common thread is that those reviews never address anything specific. It seems that is their way of staying in business and covering over their deceptive business practices??

• C Man
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Well it took them almost 10 years to find this thread. The non specific reviews are to avoid potential lawsuits by not making any specific claims yet flooding the zone with "fake positive experiences". They know what they are doing but it still doesn't change what they are, CROOKS!

• Roxette Lauper
    2 years ago

As a businesswoman, I made orders in bulk and get affordable selections. I am a regular customer of TN nursery and I am getting perfect items all the time. Apart from its quality, it is affordable. I will never find any other nursery ever. Thank for being my silent partner, TM Nursery!

• Nickey Sally
    2 years ago

Finding you in the net is the most convenient thing when doing fast and easy purchases. Most beneficial to a busy bee like me. Thank you for all your inputs. Thank you for giving me such a good and convenient way of shopping.

• redheadmiss
    2 years ago

Whomever says this company is great needs to verify they are real people. This is a scam company that delivers DEAD plants.

• Arthur Higginson
    2 years ago

it does not necessary follow that if we do not agree with you, we are not real people. You do not have the monopoly of opinion. TN Nursery has been our business partner for our landscaping business for a decade now. I love their wide selection of plants, great customer service.

• Aldrin April
    2 years ago

TN Nursery is my go-to place for my plant needs. Huge selection of different kinds of plants. Friendly staff and so very affordable prices compared to other nurseries.

• Ruby Rose Nance
    2 years ago

Thanks TN Nursery for issuing a store credit. All my purchases with your store is guaranteed. Won't make any purchase but only to TN nursery.

• HU-483648447
    2 years ago

that's hilarious! Show us your invoice and the LIVE plants. All I received was one dead plant after I paid hundreds for 26 live trees & shrubs

• C Man
    2 years ago

They are lying. these are fake customers

• Bud Bernor
    2 years ago

C-Man they are all fake customers. If they were real they would reach out to the nursery to show them the reviews for over a year and let them know how bad their reputation is… worse company ever!

• Gabriella Reed
    2 years ago

Happy receiving my bare root plats today. Very well hydrated and healthy. I made the right choice of getting these from you, TN Nursery. Will grab more varieties before summer ends.

• Darling Johnson
    2 years ago

We exchange emails with your customer service yesterday and so thankful for getting a very gainful advice concerning one variety of flower I just bought. Thank you for your assistance online.

• Jaxson Hudson
    2 years ago

Thank you TN Nursery, Everything in the box are in good shape and came out healthy with your super gel. Thank you in keeping my orders in a well packed boxes. You have the best team!

• Declan Coleman
    2 years ago

You saved my day. I need the most affordable purchase this morning. I added some varieties I like. Thank you for your low cost plants, I able to buy everything I need with the allowable family budget.

• Adaline Henderson
    2 years ago

Your website is perfect and fits to me, the kind of buyer. At one glance, I am able to look around and choose what interest me. Hustle free. Awesome, TN Nursery.

• Josie Gibson
    2 years ago

Thank you for shipping my order in a very good condition. There is truly enough moisture to keep it healthy upon arrival. Indeed, after 3 months, all came out healthy and alive up until now. Thank you for the great service, wonderful staff!

• HU-106213836
    2 years ago

It is humorous to see what TN is doing. The Better business Bureau has told me they are overloaded with complaints about their company. They are getting a lot of reports about TN sending out fake reviews.

• Dr Randy Shemer
    2 years ago

Thank you for place my order at time very good services and wonderful staff.

• Bud Bernor
    2 years ago

You must have interest in their success as they are really bad…

• Bud Bernor
    2 years ago

Lots of fake reviews… buyers for your own sake read the reviews and feel free to reach out to me.

• HU-106213836
    2 years ago

A lot of fake reviews generated by this company. That is how they secure naïve first time buyers.

• jacky jain
    2 years ago

These were superb bulbs, which produced the most stunning flowers. In my case, Amaryllis was the most stunning performer. I just placed another big order for this fall and I AM ALREADY EXCITED about my new flowers!! Thank you for your wonderful products and for making this world a more beautiful place!

• HU-106213836
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

The internet is loaded with bad reviews for TWN. This is an interesting link, It seems they change their business name often as each new company plays out. They then shut down and start a new company name.

http://www.laurelhurstcraftsman.com/2017/10/avoid-tn-wholesale-nursery.html

• HU-694733385
    2 years ago

I wish I had googled them BEFORE I ordered (twice, stupid me!). Tenn. Wholesale should be avoided like the plague. They send "dormant" plants and tubers, so you can't tell if they are alive or not. Then the following Spring/Summer when nothing comes up they do NOT honor their stated guarantee (which is for a full year, ensuring that the "dormant" (read DEAD) plants will come up the following year. I've contacted them several times and all I get is a run around for months and the most recent, ridiculous reply (after being told to be patient and give it a another month, and being assured AGAIN that they will honor their guarantee) is that since I ordered thru their wholesale department the guarantee only extends to initial receipt of live plants?! HUH?! You can't TELL if dormant tubers or plants are alive ......... they are supposedly dormant! Avoid this company like the PLAGUE!!

• HU-106213836
    2 years ago

Ask your credit card to void the TN payment. Reference their better business bureau complaints.

• HU-694733385
    2 years ago

HU-106213836 - the one order was over a year ago (06/20) and the most recent one in the Spring. Will a credit card company reverse payments made to a merchant over a year ago?

• HU-106213836
    2 years ago

It is worth trying. With enough complaints the credit card company will not work with certain merchants.

• C Man
    2 years ago

It's worth a try. Note this company has repeatedly changed names to throw people off their trail.

• HU-159993493
    2 years ago

CURRENT ALERTS FOR THIS BUSINESS

Company will not respond to BBB letters/complaints. Company sends letters back as 'refused'
    According to customer complaints received by the BBB, company has a pattern of sending dead plants or the wrong plants and not correcting order
    or giving refunds.Pattern of Complaints:

• HU-159993493
    2 years ago

CURRENT ALERTS FOR THIS BUSINESS

Company will not respond to BBB letters/complaints. Company sends letters back as 'refused'
    According to customer complaints received by the BBB, company has a pattern of sending dead plants or the wrong plants and not correcting order
    or giving refunds.Pattern of Complaints:

• Christopher Curtis
    last year

Do not do business with this company! I ordered six maple trees, 3-4' tall. They sent me twigs that are much smaller than that, half of them were dead, and the other half were not even maple trees. They refused to take a return and to refund my money. Terrible experience.

• juliehalliday
    last year

Wish I had read these reviews before ordering red dogwood bushes from them. Two of the twigs grew a couple leaves and the third nothing! I sent pictures and they said wait until July (until after their full warranty is up ...as if I would want to buy anything else from them, ever!). Bought these because I could not find these bushes locally. BUYER BEWARE!!!

• C Man
    last year
    last modified: last year

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them Julie. I too was scammed by this fraudulent company years ago. They have an F rating with the BBB. We've been trying to alert people for years but unfortunately this company has scammed folks for decades and has a habit of changing their name every few years, but they continue to defraud folks with dead plants and orders with incorrect or undersized plants. They even went so far as posting fake reviews on this site once they discovered it about 10 years ago.

• HU-828645358
    last year

These people make a living out of misrepresentation and unethical business practices. You can check them out with the Better Business Bureau in the state. Southern Native Plantings at Longwood Plantation, LLC.

• HU-798748796
    last year

Terrible experience with this company. They expect me to pay another shipping fee to replace plants that arrived black and decomposed.

• Jill Katka
    last year

They are a scam company They ship random dead plant material and never provide real product. Get a refund through your credit card company

• HU-106213836
    last year

Yes, this company is in business to part you with your money. In many cases you will receive the wrong trees. Much of the root stock i received was dead or what grew was not the product I ordered. When I complained they would not refund my money. They flood the internet with fake reviews of themselves. The better business bureau is flooded with complaints about them. Still every year they find a new group of people to dupe. I would recommend to contact your credit card and complain about the fraudulent transactions

• roy rocha
    last year

Glad I checked here. just kept getting bad vibes from all the broken English and text to speech YouTube videos. A real US company would never be that bad and the prices seemed too good to be true, which looks like they are.

• karkrazy13
    last year

Yep! Total scam and a waste of my money! I purchased 9 Liatris "live plants" from this company and they sent old, dormant bulbs in a bag of dirt!! How can they claim to send live plants when that's not what you get?? I asked for my money back and they refused. I decided to plant them anyway and NONE of them grew! Not ONE. I asked for my money back again - under warranty this time - and they still refused! This company is very deceitful and does not honor their own warranty. Buyer beware! I will never order anything from them again.

• C Man
    last year
    last modified: last year

They have been scamming people for over 10 years with dead plants, half of which are nothing more than twigs they went and dug up in the woods. My understanding is that it's a husband-and-wife combo and the wife (Tammy sons, probably not her real name) does all the webpage work (and she does a good con job, except she's clueless on prices), while the husband packs up the dead garbage that is sent out to customers they scam.

I've even heard from some folks that bought trees from them that they literally received branches in the mail that were cut from random trees and TNN claimed they were bare root trees, and that the customer left them sitting for too long and all the roots fell off as it desiccated. It had no roots to start with it's a branch cut from a tree!

They are also notorious for sending completely random shriveled up dead plants that don't match the order because they never had them in stock to begin with.

They've also been known to post fake reviews here having found this thread a few years back. You may notice that most (if not all) of the positive reviews have weird avatar names and the same tone in the messages (probably also Tammy's handy work). They also have posted fake reviews on BBB after someone posted the link to the page referencing their business on BBB on this page.

Another thing to note, they have changed their business name several times in the past. Southern Native Plantings at Longwood Plantation, LLC., is the 18th or 19th name they've gone by. I of course remember them as Tennessee Nursery, when they scammed me. Apparently, complaints have been made to TN Dept. of Agriculture and I learned from Laurel Hurst's webpage that someone was looking in to filing a complaint with USDA because they do business across state lines. However, it appears they are not a big enough fish for the Feds to intervene and apparently the State of Tennessee is not interesting in dealing with them either which is extremely unfortunate.

They are ballsy that's for sure. I got scammed by them YEARS AGO, and have posted here along with many others warning people to spread the word about these crooks.....and they are crooks.

• HU-834189098
    7 months ago

I wish I'd never ordered from them and I wish I could give them ZERO stars in a review. What a waste of time and money!
    I lost my home and all my belongings in the New Mexico wildfire in Spring 2022.
    A year later I finally got into a home and found TN Nursery online who claimed to be the oldest online nursery and so I purchased some of my tried and true favorite plants. As a horticulturist, nice plants are so important to me and I was excited for them to arrive.
    When they did the package was smashed and the UPS guy suggested I take pics of it all... which I did while I was opening the box. What a mess!
    One plant had plenty of leaves that were all totally crispy and dessicated. Another had one leaf which promptly died. Most everything else in plastic bags (except one bag of bulbs) looked like black blobs and no solid roots. I sent the pics and a specfic list of the issues to TN Nursery and they told me to wait another month for them to 'break dormancy'. Only the bulbs grew and one weak leaf showed up on one plant. NOTHING ELSE LIVED!
    They refused to replace OR refund until April 25 of next year. HELLO?! These are dead and rotten roots. Do they think I don't recognize that!? I kept writing them and they sent me a gift certificate for their business for $13 which is just about what I paid for shipping. I'll never use that token and do NOT suggest anyone give this terribly unethical nursery your business. I am so disappointed, disgruntled and SAD that I wanted nice plants, got horrible tiny globs and they didn't even take any responsibilty with their horrible customer care. Rude and condescending doesn't help me want to do business with them ever again! If they've been in business for over 60 years, whoever took over from the original owners clearly doesn't know the needed skills of this trade.

• James Bigwood
    7 months ago

TN Nursery should not be in business. What little of their plants that survived were mislabeled. I could get no cooperation when I complained. The Better Business Bureau is filled with complaints about them

• HU-766302430
    14 days ago

Tnnursery ships trees without dirt and states 12-14 inch green giants, they were 6-8 inches , shipped in a box dry horrible -0 rating dont buy no returns allowed they said

• earline_pa zone 6 Pa.
    4 days ago

I am so glad to find this thread. TN Nursery's site was so tempting.

• C Man
    3 days ago
    last modified: 3 days ago

The company is a total scam and they know how to game the system. They somehow are able to obtain a TN Dept. of agriculture certificate for native planter dealer (public record), but if you look up their address up on google earth, it appears to be nothing more than plowed fields full of low weeds.

My guess is they are mostly growing cover crops like corn, soybeans, alfalfa, hay, etc. as they have a barn on-site and I think a silo, with the plant scamming business possibly haven taken over as the big money maker.

They do appear to have a cluster of buildings towards the back end of the property (images from google earth again) that are hidden from the street which I presume is where they box their stuff up and ship from, but it's hard to say.

(Image above): Zero plant material in the fields. If this was a REAL nursery their fields wouldn't be entirely empty like this from one season to the next.

(Image above): Aerial image of the back end of the property you can't see from the road. Those light brown piles / rolls near the buildings I think are hay. My guess is they mostly grow hay or cover crop as part time farmers when the orders are slow during the summer time. Again ZERO greenhouses in view.

(Image above): If they were selling trees and shrubs of ANY appreciable size their fields wouldn't look like this (my family farms for real, ie hundreds of acres) and they wouldn't be replanting them all in one season either. They certainly wouldn't be selling shad tolerant plants (such as ferns and trillium) from open fields exposed to the TN sun (zero chance they would survive). No evidence of greenhouses in any of the pictures, which every plant growing nursery has that sells shade tolerant shrubs & perennials (I also worked at a nursery from 18-26 years old). No trees or shrubs in any of the fields.

(Image above): Apparently the scamming business must be really, REALLY good. Lots of toys on the property and a nice house with a large in ground pool out back.

Disclaimer: Again, all pictures taken from Google earth via public record. No address disclosed. (you can look that up yourself, it's pretty easy to find).

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County