Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodburngirl

Seeking concrete pavers cast to look like stone in Oregon

woodburngirl
18 years ago

In tons of garden / landscape show and books, they mention stepping stones / patio slabs that are made of concrete but cast to look like stone, and how great they are because they are lighter and less expensive than real stone. (On the City Gardener show, he used some 18" square ones that he said were only about $4 each!)

Sounds great, but I haven't been able to find any anywhere in Oregon. All I've seen is interlocking pavers, real stone, and those really cheap plain concrete stepping stones for about $1 each.

I'm looking for 12"-18" square stepping stones. I did see a website for a place in California, www.paverdepot.com, and they have the type of thing I'm looking for, made by Abbotsford Concrete Products (there was a photo of their product that looked like the walkway to Thomas' Hobbs house that he shows in his books) and Cal-Ga-Crete. I've contacted both companies to see if they have dealers in Oregon, but haven't heard back.

My internet searches have yielded nothing but sources for stone, stamped concrete services, and cultured stone building supplies for walls, etc. I have also tried calling a couple of landscape supply places to see if they had what I want, was told yes, and drove there only to find that they had the usual array of real stone and ordinary concrete and that I'd wasted my time and $5+ worth of gas.

If anyone has actually seen a place in the Portland, Salem, or Eugene area that sells these elusive concrete pavers cast to look like stone, please let me know! Thank you!

Sponsored