Return to the Garden Sources Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solar Powered 'Flood Lights'

Posted by gardenlady48 z5 IL (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 11, 06 at 17:28

Is there really such a thing??? Solar powered flood lights that really can do the job??? Bell & Howell advertised some on TV...claims they light up your garden, used as an uplight to trees etc. Please save me the effort...if they don't really do the job, let me know.
Thanks for your time.
Pam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solar Powered 'Flood Lights'

I have asked this question in another well known forum before. From the responses I got they don't sound too great. If you want them for uplighting trees the solar panel will have to be in full sun all day. That means getting the kind with the separate solar panel. In that case you would still have wires. Another complaint that I have heard is that they emit a bluish colored light. It's not the warm color of low voltage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Sources Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here