Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crinum Lillies

Posted by brunswickcounty z7 or 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 15, 06 at 18:42

Very chilly today here in SE North Carolina -- the wind is howling out of the north but it's supposed to warm up again tomorrow.

I'm told that Crinum Lillies grow like weeds in Louisiana and Mississippi and was wondering if anyone had any they'd like to get rid of? There is a nursery in Raleigh that sells these plants, but they are around $30 each, which I can't afford. There are some available on ebay at a cheaper price, but my computer blocks cookies (due to a browser hijacking a while ago) so I can't bid on anything there.

If anyone knows of a crinum source that's inexpensive, I'd appreciate it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crinum Lillies

I have some "swamp lily" type crinum (the pink flowered kind)that need a good home. I think that you might need to plant it in a protected area in NC, but it grows like a weed in my yard.

o

Hey crackergal-
I sent you an email about these crinums--

o

There is a great nursury in Sanford that has them. Please email me for more information, if you need it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here