Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
East coaster zone 8/9 gathering/exchange?

Posted by Blooming_annie z 8/9, Chas, SC (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 6, 05 at 9:13

Any interest anyone? I've been interested for a long time in getting together with other folks in the southeast who garden in live oak and spanish moss territory and surroundings. Would any of you be interested in a gathering and exchange for folks in our skinny little east coast (and near coastal) strip of zone 8/9 climate? We could meet somewhere central like Savannah or maybe a bit further south. I was thinking of waiting until May so that we can all get some things rooted to share. By then I could have lots of rooted OGR's to share, several salvias, and maybe some more obscure annuals.

Personally, I think it would be awesome to meet with some folks who can't grow lilacs and peonies and hellebores and heucheras and lily-of-the-valley and know what it is like to garden under a live oak and dig up sea shells from your flower beds. Wouldn't it be fun to trade with folks from outside your immediate neck of the woods but who still have similar growing conditions?

I'm going to post to the other state and regional forums to get the message out to as many as people as possible.

What do y'all think? Any interest? Suggestions? Ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: East coaster zone 8/9 gathering/exchange?

I think it sounds fabulous~
Count me in, Annie

o

A good idea is a pre-planning get together in your area with two or three people that are interested. Then, you all pick a place and time and spread the word both on the Forums and by e-mail. I would not make it primarily an exchange, as not everyone who would like to come would be in a position to do that. Just say, "If you have extras, bring them." It can be as simple as: Lunch at Burger King" If it's a small enough group, you may be able to have it at someone's house.

o

• Posted by ccl38 8A Savannah, GA (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 7, 05 at 11:46

I will watch this thread with interest and hope I can participate when the time comes.

o

Ooh, sounds like such fun..Keep us posted.
Theresa

o

• Posted by COBB 8SC USA (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 14, 05 at 11:27

What a great idea!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here