Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dwarf Mondo Grass

Posted by cshagw2009 Texas (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 26, 11 at 14:18

Hello, I hope someone can help me. My husband and I planted Dwarf Mondo Grass to cover a shady area around our patio. It is growing slower than what we were told. Also there is some weeds in it right now and I was wondering if I can fertilize it with Weed and Feed. We planted the grass about 3 years ago, and it seems to grow but not very fast. We keep it watered, and I use Miracle Grow on it during the year a couple of times. Since we live in the Houston, TX area it doesn't freeze back so it is always really green. If you have experience with this type of grass please, I could use some advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dwarf Mondo Grass

You're doing the right things for it. It's just slow. This will be a huge advantage once it is established since you won't have to fight to keep it where you want it. I'd hand weed it. Weed and Feed is for turf grass which is an entirely different plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here