Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brokengardener

Discovery while Spring Cleaning

brokengardener
12 years ago

I got situated with my tools and had my daughter bring the bag of mulch and started cleaning out leaves and a small amout of weeds. Its a shady area on the side of the house, with ferns and clematis. Last year I neglected to do the fall cleaning. I didn't trim the seed heads from the clematis or anything. When I checked out the area a few days ago I knew I had to do some work. The ferns were growing up against the foundation of the house, behind the clematis. As I weeded and pulled out ferns something tiny caught my eye, mini clematis leaves. In all I think there are about 6. I couldn't believe it! Very cool that my inability to get the fall cleaning done in that area would result in clematis seedlings. At the end of my work, weeds are gone, the ferns are transplanted and spaced nicely. Mulch is spread, one handful at a time......and very carefully around those little seedlings. Thinking about tucking in some salmon colored New Guinea Impatience I saw at the store day before yesterday. Thanks to my girls for their help too.

Sponsored