Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruthnc_2006

Please, I need help in Triad area of NC

ruthnc_2006
18 years ago

Please help me identify this weed. I had some of this stuff last year, but it was/is NEW to me as I'm from Chicago area before moving here 4 years ago. I noticed some of the stuff last year as did my neighbors but this year it has COMPLETELY taken over this entire area of NC. The worse part is, if you let the stuff 'dry out' (go to seed) it actually 'jumps' at you when touched and sprays hundreds of small seeds in a circle thus spreading the pest for NEXT year. Most of my neighbors say "It will go away when hot weather sets in" and they just mow it down in their lawns. The problem IS (for me) I have half my yard in flowers, bulbs etc so 'mowing' it down is impossible. I have taken out 20 plastic bags of the stuff from my flower beds and have only done about 1/4 th of the beds. I have to get this done before hot weather sets in so it will not start 'jumping/spraying' the seeds. I'm about at my wits end... Please, can some of you SE gardeners in the Triad area of NC that know WHAT this stuff is HELP ME???

Here is a link that might be useful: Mystery Weed

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer