Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dark red crepe myrtle

Posted by tulsagardener_2007 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 07 at 15:46

Maybe the one you are looking for is the full sized Centennial? I just bought one today. the description says
"wine red" grows up to 20'. I have been looking for this too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dark red crepe myrtle

I love my red crape. It's foliage is a wine red also. Makes it interesting all year.

o
RE: Dark red crepe myrtle

Greenwood nursery offers "the Arapaho Crape myrtle ... one of the newest introductions from the U. S. National Arboretum. It is best known for its strong red crepe like flowers.

Most red crapes display varying shades of pink, from light to dark. This is the only consistent red colored available that shows a high degree of mildew resistance."

I personally don't know a thing about this plant but thought I'd pass it along. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: red crepe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here