Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeliu2000

Encore Azalea Empress vs Princess

jeliu2000
19 years ago

I have a rectangular south-facing area (2.5'x15') in front of my deck railing. I have been thinking about planting some azaleas there. I have looked at both Encore Empress and Princess, but still could not decide which is better. I like the Empress because it has very small glossy leaves which looks great with the pink flowers. But description said they have up-right growth habit, and is 4'x3' at maturing, so I am not sure whether it is going to look great in front of the railing. I guess I can trim it to control the height, but not sure if it will have dense leaves or not.

The description says "Encore Princess" is compact (3.5'x3' at maturing), I saw a big one at the nursery, it takes an oval shape. But I am not sure if it flowers or not. I have been in the nursery several times this month, and never saw it flower.

On a side note, anybody have experience with Encore Sangria, Royalty and Amythyst? Which one is good? I am thinking about planting some in the backyard garden around my fruit trees.

Thanks.

Comments (3)

Sponsored