Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I get a few cotton seeds?

Posted by mission16 AR (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 17:05

I just want to grow a few plants for the flowers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I get a few cotton seeds?

Southern Exposure Seed. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cotton Seeds here.

o

In Georgia, growing cotton is highly regulated and you must get permission to plant it because of the threat of the boll weevil! Please check your state's info, likely to be similar...

Here is a link that might be useful: Walter Reeves

o

I have to agree. I saw a contest once and one of the prizes was a pack of cotton seeds. I sent someone here at Clemson a note asking his opinion about it and he was ready to call the contest administrators and explain just how wrong that would be if they got into the wrong hands in the wrong area of the country. i think the admins gave them away anyway.

o

Oh boy, when I lived in coastal SC, I applied for and recieved special permission to grow some Sea Island cotton in an historical garden....maybe 100 plants, is all! The site had to be approved, boll weevil traps set up and monitored.

Little backyard cotton plantings would be ripped out if discovered, etc.

A quick call to your local extension office will provide you with the information about growing cotton in AR. Good luck...it might not be regulated in your state.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here