Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinkspoonbill_gw

Plant Swap this Sat in Pine Bluff AR

pinkspoonbill
15 years ago

There is supposed to be a plant swap at the Governor Mike Huckabee Delta Rivers Nature Center this Saturday from 10 am to 11:30 am. You can find the Nature Center by Googling it and reading the webpage and the plant swap notice.

I plan to bring some plants that I will give away for free. I will bring a bucket with rooted shoots of indigofera and forsythia. If you want the free cuttings, you'll want to bring a container with soil in the bottom. I will want to bring the large container back home with me, and give away the shoots to multiple people (my freecycle group should know about this offer). Hopefully, I'll have enough free shoots.

I'll bring to swap a couple of Oakleaf hydrangeas, and others, hopefully. Please post here if you're planning on going and want something from my trade list. I'll be sure to bring it and save it for you. Check out my 'have' list on Gardenweb to see what I can trade. Since this is a swap, I can bring larger plants than I could mail.

I am looking desperately for Danae racemosa, also called Alexandrian laurel or Poet's laurel. I'd love to find fragrant native, deciduous azaleas, like Rhododendrum austrinum or arborescens. I'd like to find Chimonanthes praecox (wintersweet), gunnera and the voodoo lily Dracunculus vulgaris. There are more plants on my 'want' list I'll be happy to trade for, too. I have a large plumeria (white) that is too big to mail, but I'd love to trade it for one of the plants I list above. Let's post here what we have and what we want. You can add plants to your GW trade list, and we can see what you're looking for that way, too.

Hope to see you at the swap.

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions