Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Happened (pic)?

Posted by itsmekarak 8-DFW (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 07 at 18:26

Can anyone shed some light on this situation? I am not sure what happened to my little babies. Is this mold? Freeze burn? Too much water? Too little water? Is there any hope for recovery?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Happened (pic)?

With what the weather has been doing lately, I would guess frost damage. Those plants don't like it cold.

o

They really shouldn't even be planted until the soil temperature is 70 deg., so yes you probably are seeing frost damage.
Jim

o

Should I dig them up and start over? Have I lost them for good?

o

I wouldn't dig them up. It's too soon to see exactly what is going to happen. If the tubers have started root growth, you will mess that up. However, that particular leaf is going to look like that forever. I have a feeling that when the ground warms up some more, everything will be just fine!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here