Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
louannie_gw

Will this bamboo escape?

louannie
16 years ago

I was reading the posts below about bamboo and got scared. I have been planning on digging up some bamboo from a patch near my in-laws' house and putting it in a very large pot and setting it on concrete in my courtyard. It is a running type and I know it wouldn't be safe to plant in the ground. I'm trying for a "tropical" look in my courtyard, and I can't afford to buy bamboo...it's expensive! (Isn't that black bamboo great?)

But I got to wondering if it might perhaps throw some seeds out and spread that way? I guess if I do plant it, I need to cut off any flowers that form? I SURE don't want any of that stuff in my yard...my neighbor mentioned once that she was thinking of planting some at the back corner of her yard (which borders mine and is right next to my compost pile and a "wild" section of my yard that I don't mow) and I threatened her life! (We are good friends...she didn't do it, thank God, or we might not be!)

Anyway, I just thought I'd check first and see what everybody here thinks of my idea, if it would be safe?

Comments (3)