Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jalapeno blooms falling

Posted by hawkeye38 7bAL (My Page) on
Wed, May 13, 09 at 13:34

I tried plantng some jalapeno plants this year. They are growing fine but the the first 3 blooms blossomed and faded and then turned yellow and fell off, stem and all.
Why would they do that? Several more blooms are forming. We have had a lot of rain.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jalapeno blooms falling

I don't know the answer, but I'll bet someone on the Vegetable gardening forum will. They really know their stuff. Good luck!

o

No worries...it's natural for buds to fall off if the plant isn't ready yet to produce fruit, due to weather or immaturity of the plant. My Jalapeno's are dropping a bud or two also.

o

It's still early for dependable fruit setting. We just had a 42 degree night in Charlotte and the ground really isn't all that warm yet for the heat loving plants like tomatoes,peppers and eggplants. Give it time. We'll be cooking in the heat soon enough.

o

It looks like the plants just weren't ready. Several blooms have now produced little bitty peppers. Thanks

o

When fruit gets ready to set. Like Now! Mix a teaspoon of Epsom Salts to a gallon of water and water your peppers once with this. Also tuck in or surround each plant with about 3 wooden stick matches. Just stick them into the soil about three inches from the plant.
Your Peppers will like it.

o

Pott-thats unteresting, why is that? and is it only for peppers?

o

Yea...it is about time for Epsom salts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here