Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardenia looks sick

Posted by GardeningAngel38 7b (My Page) on
Sat, May 11, 13 at 19:11

I have a gardenia that seems to be getting sick. It is not sprouting new leaves anymore, and it seems to be turning brown at the tips. I don't have it in full sun. I let it get sun in the morning and then it has shade in the afternoon. I don't want it to die. I heard that gardenias are hard to grow. I hope not, because I love the flowers.

Can someone tell me what is going on with my little shrub?

Thanks a bunch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardenia looks sick

Gardenias really don't seem to like being grown in containers. If you have one of the hardier varieties, you could probably plant yours outside.

But, I have seen some successful container gardenia growers from all over the place on the Fragrant Plants Forum. You can repost this question over there, as well as well as read some old threads for ideas.

I hope you get some help.

o

Thanks! I will head over there ;)

o

Did you get water on the leaves when the sun was on it? Sunburn? Check the underside of the leaves for bugs. They like acidic fertilizer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here