Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We need rain, rain, and more rain!

Posted by michele_1 MS 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 07 at 2:04

N. Mississippi
Does anyone know how to do an Indian rain dance. I need one that's sure to work. We've never had a severe drought in spring before (worse than the worst drought in August!). We've had severe drought three years in a row now. It just keeps getting worse!!!

Not to be politically incorrect, but where's an Indian when you really need one.

I'll get out there and dance. I don't care if the neighbors think I'm crazy. I just want it to RAIN! I NEED IT TO RAIN!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We need rain, rain, and more rain!

Texas is hogging all the rain. I'm sure they'd love to share it.

o

I feel your pain. I've never experienced drought before, being from coastal Louisiana. I was just thinking this last week: gardeners in the area should unite, and decide to buy and hang out a small inexpensive clothesline, and hang our clothes out there, all on one day. Or we could all agree to wash the car on a particular day. That should make it rain.

o

We've decided to put in an automatic sprinkler system this winter. So guaranteed next year we will have plenty of rain.

o

I have too much acreage for a sprinkler system, but I do have 300 feet of hose! That will keep me busy helping the trees closest to the home. The best I can do.

Maybe I can talk the wife into a John Deere Gator to haul water around in, tree to tree....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here