Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Rose Golden Ophelia

Posted by pameliap Z8 Florence, SC (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 18, 06 at 9:34

Hi!
I posted this on the Antique Rose forum, but thought I would try here as well. My mom was named for an old HB rose named Golden Ophelia. Does anyone know it? I've found some info on the internet, but nowhere that has it available. Does anyone possibly have cuttings that I could get? I don't have much worth trading yet, but would be willing to work with finding something that the trader wants (I know lots of gardeners, lol).

Mom was born in the Fairmont, NC area, but I have no idea if my grandmother had the rose there (my mom has Alzheimer's and doesn't remember if her mom had the rose or just had seen it somewhere).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old Rose Golden Ophelia

That was supposed to be HT rose, for Hybrid Tea.

o
RE: Old Rose Golden Ophelia

Sequoia lists it on their availability list:
http://www.sequoianursery.biz/supplemental.html
The Uncommon Rose lists it, but says it is unavailable right now. You can enter your e-mail address and they will e-mail you when it is ready. They ship roses as bands, which are very small, own root roses.
http://uncommonrose.biz/r/goldenophelia.html
It is a very pretty rose in the photos. I can see why you want it. Good luck in finding it and I hope it brings your mother some joy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sequoia Nursery

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here