Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noela_gw

AgapanthusLily-of-the-Nile

noela
16 years ago

I planted two pots of AgapanthusLily-of-the-Nile in my yard. I live in Zone 9 in the center of Florida (Tavares). The sign on the plant said easy, sun or partial. Now I am not so sure I made the best buy. Can I ensure that they will continue to grow and bloom next year? The reading said it was an annual/perennial. Now that did confuse me! Do I leave it in the ground? I sure didn't see anything that looked like bulbs. They are planted under the Washingtonians, behind the Firebush, in front of a red Hibiscus on the North corner of the house. They get morning sun in the summer and lots of sun in the fall and winter, Thank you anybody. Noel

Comments (4)

• Iris GW
    16 years ago

They should be perennial for you. Perhaps the label was designed for a range of markets; it would perhaps not be perennial in zone 6 - I think that it is behaving as a perennial here in zone 7, I see a lot of it lately.

• mariposa_gardener
    16 years ago

I have grown agapanthus for years. In my zone, I must over-winter it in the garage, although we wheel them (four altogether) out on fine days. In zone 9, they should live forever. You will love them more than you can imagine.

• wodka
    16 years ago

We live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and agapanthus are definitely a perennial here. They come back bigger and fuller each year. Beautiful flowers.

• ladybarber101
    16 years ago

deinately perrinial here in jacksonville. Mine got bigger then looked horrible then bloomed beautifully. Not exactly what I wanted so they are going to my sisters house tomarrow ut very pretty while in bloom...
    Donna

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath