Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathy547

Help planning fundraiser plant sale or swap

Kathy Johnson
9 years ago

Hello! I've been gone for awhile due to no internet unless I use my phone or I make a trip to the library. I would like to plan a plant swap or a sale as a fundraiser. This would be for a small animal rescue located about 25 miles from my house, on the Louisiana side of the state line. The man who started the rescue provides about 80% of the financial burden & I would like to do what I can to help out.

I have been to plant swaps where I paid like $10 to set up a booth or the swap was free. I'm not sure how to go about this one. This area is spread out & rural so I thought I would invite garden clubs & master gardeners to also participate as well as people who did crafts like birdhouses, swings, etc. Maybe have lectures & demostrations to draw more people in. I do want people to have fun & learn new things about gardening but I also want to earn as much money for the rescue as I can. Some people will just donate plants that we could sell but there will be people who want to swap plants & also people who will come looking to buy plants that are just starting out & won't have anything. Anyone have any ideas how I should go about setting this up?

Comments (4)

Sponsored