Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hydrangeas

Posted by Linda_in_Duluth 7 Atlanta (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 05 at 20:22

I've not grown hydrangeas before. I have several Endless Summer hydrangeas, and am assuming that the old blooms should be removed as they fade. Is that correct???

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hydrangeas

Linda,
I had never heard of a hydrangea that flowered all summer! According to the website below, yes, you should deadhead to promote bloom. They also give you more tips on caring for it.
K.

Here is a link that might be useful: endless summer hydrangea

o
Anyone grown garlic?

I want to grow some. Do I plant in the fall? And what variety? I live in Rome, Ga.

o

Linda you can remove the old blooms if you like, it will encourage new growth from which new blooms will come. The endless summer blooms on both old and new wood and Mikeyjoe, fall is the best time to plant in the south.

o

I have had good luck planting during the summer rainy season. That's the best time to root tip cuttings too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here