Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thegr8oz

UPDATE: H-U-G-E Moving Sale in Sarasota -- July 27, 28 & 29th

thegr8oz
16 years ago

Hi everyone--

Here's an update about the sale I mentioned here a few weeks back. It's still on and there's going to be hundreds of plants available at really good prices. I have too much to take with me, so everything goes on a first come first served basis. I'll post a list of what will be sold later this week, but it will include rare philodendrons, rhipsalis, hundreds of nepenthes pitcher plants, cacti, succulents, orchids, aroids (including a few amorphophallus titanums), and lots more. There was one important error in the directions, which I've corrected below....when you get off I-75 you go WEST (not east) to US 41. The old directions would take you to the interior of the state and I'm near the water. Here's the old message with the details:

After living in Florida for 22 years, I am moving out-of-state in August. I have an enormous plant collection, some of which I've traded with lots of good people in Florida over the years. Now, I need your help making sure my collection ends up in the hands of Florida growers who love this hobby of ours.

I'm having a sale the last weekend of July to sell of most of what I can't take with me. The sale will take place Friday, July 27 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturday, July 28 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, July 29 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Included in the sale will be orchids, nepenthes, amorphophallus, philodendron, rhipsalis, dischidias, cacti, succulents, aroids, landscape plants, and lots more. I also have boxes of new orchid baskets and hangers, pots, potting soils (that will go in big bags...cheap!).

I hope you can attend. Please pass the word along to friends who don't visit GardenWeb. I need everyone's help on this one. Thanks to all of my Florida gardening friends for the trades and friendship over the years.

From I-75, take Exit 213 (University Parkway) WEST to US 41 (it's about 8 miles). Turn left (South) to 22nd Street (it's about 1.5 miles or so). Turn right (West) to Hickory Avenue. I'm on the corner of 22nd and Hickory: 2207 Hickory Avenue. (941) 906-8349

Oz

Sponsored