Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Fortune Hyssop

Posted by Donna.4747 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 16:55

How can I get this to keep putting out blooms in summer? Should I pinch off blooms? Or, is this it for the season?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Fortune Hyssop

I grew Blue Fortune only one time. It did not like my Mississippi humidity. Once the first flush of blooms that came from the nursery died, it bloomed little or none the rest of the summer, and did not return at all the next year. I have far better luck with blue salvias and angelonias.

o
RE: Blue Fortune Hyssop

I tried that one years ago and it fizzled...next spring look for "Busy Bee Blue". Mine got huge and was covered with flowers and bees all summer then suddenly went dead, but lots of babies are carrying on in her place...I think it is much better. BTW, deadhead!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here