Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
when to move lantana

Posted by QueenBee52 z8 SE AL (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 05 at 18:04

i have the kind of lantana that is yellow and pink and grows really huge. its in my main flower bed. i want to move it totally. i halfed it out this spring but its massive. so ... i want to move it before growing season next spring. when would be the best time of year?
thanks-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: when to move lantana

Fall through winter would be my choice. Cut it back, then dig it up.

o

i imagine that fall would work ok in your zone. i moved one once i saw spring growth (late) and cut the plant back. it is doing fine and i put it in an area that is not cultivated beyond being mulched with compost (no watering, though i watered it for about a week after moving it).

o

It's been my experience that you would have a hard time killing the stuff. I vote either for the fall after it has finished blooming and needs to be cut back, or in the EARLY spring. We have moved it while it was blooming, before it bloomed and in the dead of winter. Nothing seemed to bother it. It may be that it just likes us and our yard. Good Luck!
Froggy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here