Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
carolina jasmine not blooming

Posted by jilliebean9700 7a (nc) (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 28, 11 at 9:44

i bought a carolina jasmine (jessamine) in the mid-spring and it hasn't gotten one bloom yet. it is growing well and has gotten much larger yet no blooms.
any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: carolina jasmine not blooming

If you mean Gelsemium sempervirens (just to make sure we're talking about the same thing), it usually blooms in the spring. Perhaps it will bloom this coming spring. Be sure to give it enough sun.

o

so then maybe i missed the bloom period. i read in a garden article that it was spring-summer. yes gelsemium sempervirens. it gets sun almost all day and has spread and grown taller then whenit was planted. so it seems to be growing well other then the lack of blooms. thanks

o

Carolina jessamine is one of the first things to bloom in the spring. I'll bet that you'll be pleased next year!

o

• Posted by jcalhoun 8b Mobile County AL (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 15, 11 at 14:01

Yep, they are usually early spring blooms around the same time red maples put on their flowers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here