Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
merryd_gw

getting rid of invasive elephant ear

merryd
19 years ago

Before reading a thread which often discussed the trouble some have with these being thugs, I'd looked at a commercial site were the typical prices were $25 bucks apeice. I came to GW to look for source links and found alot of you might want to try something recomended for wild violets, which has a similar tuber, although smaller. Thought I'd try bribe for some tubers in exchange for info, but some gratuitis ones would be appreaciated if it works. LOL!

'Brush b Gone' by Ortho, recomended over Round Up for violets, contains a chemical that is only otherwise available in large quantities to the trade. It's safe for fescue but likely those of you with the problems have different grasses so check for that. You can also mix it with RU for a double whammy. Needs to be repeated and is best in spring during early growth or fall when I think chemicals get absorbed internally better. I's also better to spray in early morning or later evening because tne plant's pores will be open for moistre absorbtion. The pores close down with heat and sunshine. Seems evening would be best as then thy're just opening up and getting rejuvinated.

Comment (1)

Sponsored