Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adopt a hurricane victim

Posted by teka2rjleffel z10FL (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 14, 04 at 17:42

Hi All,
I live in SE Florida. We were lucky and weren't hit by Charley. Most of Florida was slammed. He is taking his toll in the Carolinas now and is moving up the line. Right now gardens are not a top priority. In a month or so when the basics are taken care of and budgets are stretched I thought they might want our help. It would be good for those of us on the garden web family could help out those impacted by starting cuttings for the victims. I started some cuttings of several hibiscus. I would be happy to coordinate the effort. Please e-mail me if you want to help. Let me know what specific cuttings you are starting and which area they may be used in (maybe by zones). I would also like suggestions of how to reach the victims who might need our plants. I am also open to any ideas. I just feel like I need to do something.
Nancy
Delray Beach, FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adopt a hurricane victim

Hey Nancy!
I'm in NC, and have been in several hurricanes, tornados, and ice storms. Natural disasters do SUCK! You have a great idea, and I want to help. Yes, we would have to look at a longer time frame, because they are concerned now with necessities. There are other forums who have regulars who may be affected and I'm sure this could somehow be something everyone involved with Gardenweb could participate in if possible. Maybe Spike could set up a temporary "exchange" forum for all who would like to help, and match up with people who need it.
I could pot up divisions of mums(do they do ok down there?) bee balm, lambs ears, cannas, and possibly yuccas. click on my page and send me an email, I'll check back to see what kind of response there is
Angie in NC

o

Me too~

o

Me too

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here