Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diannachayden

What happened to my lantana? (pics)

diannachayden
11 years ago

I live in the Panhandle of Florida. This summer has been hot (but not overly hot) and it has rained nearly every day since the beginning of June. I have three kinds of lantana planted in the yard: lavender, yellow, and "ham-n-eggs." I planted 6 plants this year and 4 plants last year (that came back bigger and better than ever). The first to show distress was the ham and eggs lantana. The leaves started to appear "burned" and brown on the edges. There didn't seem to be any other symptom: no apparent bugs, etc. I chalked it up to normal plant loss. Then my bigger and grander lantana bushes stopped flowering and also looked burned. We've treated with a fungicide thinking it might be something fungal. However, the leaves just appear burned and not spotted or anything. Last summer those same big lantana thrived and it was a terribly hot and humid summer with very little rain.

I've attached a pic of the grander lantana but the ham and eggs are the most pitiful looking plants. The lavender lantana is affected, but only by not flowering. The plant itself looks fairly healthy.

Any ideas on what this is and what to do about it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Third-Generation Family-Owned Masonry Supplier in Virginia