Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
atlfuzzy1

pests on Thuja Green giant (pics). HELP!

atlfuzzy1
11 years ago

Hello all,

I have used your posts on this forum for quite a while, and appreciate this resource. I have searched forum entries for my problem, and have found nothing that matched up. I hope to get some help here.

I planted about 20 thuja green giants (with inground watering, etc etc) last year. They look like they are flourishing to me; have grown from 1 foot to 4 feet so far.

There are some spiders on the plants; a big black and yellow /gold one that I am told is a good friend to have. There is a brown egg sac near the web; it might be on same tree or neighboring tree, I don't remember (at work now). So attached is photo of that spider, the brown bulb looking egg sac, and another web with eggs on another tree.

BUT my biggest concern is various branches over the past month I have noticed little small greyish/black ground pepper sized "eggs" stuck on to the tips of the branches. I can't figure what it is. Eggs? I want to prevent any problems, as I have invested close to $1000 on these trees, watering, landscape and the bank is busted. If they die that is it.

As I said they look wonderful, but I am baffled by these "dot" looking things. I have removed a few branches with these on it last month, but found another branch with them yesterday.

Please find attached pic of big spider, brown sac, another web with eggs (?) in it, and a tip of branch with the peppery things on it. That pic is magnified for clarity, they are probably half that size.

Thank you for any input and suggestion and direction.

With thanks

Clint/Atlanta

Comments (8)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio