Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this?

Posted by bowdoin514911 7b SC (bowdoin514911@aol.com) on
Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 11:02

A couple of weeks ago, a neighbor gave me a clipping of this...it is growing well outside in full sun in a pot. It looks so familiar, but the name escapes me. It had no flowers when I got it. I know I have seen it in stores before, but can't think of the name. Can someone help me? I live in South Carolina. Thank you in advance!
Emma

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this?

Looks like a perennial verbena.

o

Thank you topsiebeezelbub...I do think you are right!

o

Love your clover in the background at the bottom! A bulb Oxalis?

o

the oxalis appears to be that same as one that i grow - oxalis deppei, the iron cross oxalis. it returns each year and has a pink flower. gets taller than other types in my garden and normally is later to appear.

o

I think that's the stuff I tried to transplant from DH's Mom's yard but it didn't make it. Those leaves are amazing! Must try again in the spring. TY for the info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here