Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
aucuba and fire blight

Posted by william7b 7b (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 9, 05 at 17:23

A nurseryman told me I had fire blight on some beautiful aucuba I've got and said the only thing I can do is to cut back beyond the problem. Anyone have experience with either Mancozeb or Daconil on fire blight and have it work? I've read the info on both but am confused about fire blight versus other blights. I've cut it back, but there are still signs coming back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: aucuba and fire blight

I have never heard of fireblight, a bacterial disease, affecting Aucuba. There are, however, several fungal diseases that can be a serious problem for this plant.

Some good research might help you diagnose the problem, but I would stay away from that nursery guy! Once you've properly identified the problem, you can decide which plan of attack will work best for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aucuba diseases

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here