Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
it's that time again....

Posted by tomatopicker z9FL (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 25, 06 at 22:55

Just to let those know out there - I have this year's crop of coral vine seeds. A real bee attractor. Just need a SASE. I'll seed you about 20 seeds so that you are successful with germination. When you email me for my address, I email photos and instruction sheets. I should have some evergreen wisteria seeds soon. Green all year with dark purple flowers/fragrant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: it's that time again....

I have never heard of an evergreen wisteria but I suppose it could be in Florida. I am wondering if it will remain evergreen in zone 7?

o

• Posted by amyta z8 mid GA (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 12, 06 at 10:48

I'm in Zone 8 and mine does pretty well here. Sometimes it looks a little limp but the old foliage pretty much stays green. I'm very pleased with mine. It's a member of the pea family and doesn't take over like real wisteria. I have mine growing on a box made of trellis over my electrical box which was such an eyesore in my front yard. I found mine a couple of years ago as a 3 gallon plant at Home Depot or Lowe's...can't remember exactly. Google it and you'll get the scientific name and other particulars.

o

I would like some coral vine seeds. I had some a couple of years ago but they didn't grow for some reason I cant remember now. But would like another try at them.
Cathy
email on its way

o

Hope I'm not too late for the evergreen wisteria! Just sent you an email.
Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here