Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
onegirly

Moved here from CA to TN in July - Overwhelmed

onegirly
17 years ago

I just moved here from CA in July. I lived in CA for 20yrs and haven't been back to the east coast since I was born in VA and moved before my first year of age. I had a very small yard in CA that was filled with some boxwood, a palm and impatients. I would have to say it was very simple and took no time to take care of it. I now live here in West Knox in a home that is three times the size and has a huge yard. Help! I'm over whelmed. The neighbors say our yard is beautiful but I just don't see it. I'm not a gardener and know almost nothing about it. Maybe that is why. Yet, I am very eager to learn. Out of panic I am tearing out our front yard to the dirt leaving a Japanese Maple (since I had heard that I should charish this beautiful tree) and the boxwood that lines the perimeter of one of the large beds. As soon as we were half way through it we had comments by neighbors and even the postman about what we have done. They really think were crazy to do it. Now, I really feel that I may have made a mistake. So I came for help online and found this wonderful site to help me learn and find anyone who can help or give guidance. I am also interested in a club or class on gardening since I want to learn.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH