Return to the Southern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arizona Cypress

Posted by michal_ms MS, USA (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 29, 04 at 9:48

I bought an Arizona Cypress at Home Depot the other day. I have never heard of this tree. I have never seen it offered for sale in my area! I decided to give it a try. I wanted a live outdoor Christmas tree to decorate with food for the wild birds, and it was all they had.

Will this tree grow in zone 7?? Our summers are hot and humid, winters mild. Arizona could not be more opposite when it comes to growing conditions!

Thanks! Hope my little tree makes it. What are its chances, do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arizona Cypress

One of my favorite trees.

Make sure it is in full sun and well drained. It will do fine.

o

Has anyone had an experience with the Carolina Sapphire Variety? I am in zone 7 Maryland. I want to make a screened border from these.

o

I am trying "Blue Ice" Arizona cypress this year ... zone 9 on the gulf coast. So far so good.

o

Roxy....

"bboy".... wrote this in another thread:

"Since 'Carolina Sapphire' is an eastern selection it might do better in Texas, if you are in a humid part. If more like the West where you are maybe 'Blue Ice'. Both are sold widely, maybe it wouldn't make much difference."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here