Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bugbite_gw

Help..I need experienced home gardeners to test Marigolds

bugbite
12 years ago

Hi,

As a no-pay hobby, I coordinated some seed tests for a seed developer in 2011. For 2012 another seed producer from Asia has supplied seeds for 5 amazing marigold varieties to be tested in the hot, humid southern US. I need experienced home gardeners, who have raised marigolds, to test these marigolds, please. You grow these like you would normally and report successes and failures. You don't need a big space for this.

The seeds are free and I will pay postage. I get nothing for this; testing new plants is my hobby.

The marigolds which can be seen in the link below are:

1. Babuda marigolds

2. Bali marigolds

3. Narai marigolds

4. Discovery marigolds

5. Inca One marigolds or Sunsong marigolds

The first three are their varieties which were developed for hot, humid climates. The 4th and 5th varieties are by other seed developers and will be grown for comparison.

Please look at their website (below) to see the varieties and the very interesting way marigolds are used in SE Asia (click "usage" and "religion" on the left.)

If you are interested in testing these 5 varieties Marigolds this spring/summer, please let me know.

You need to agree to post updates of a web page I am creating for this trial (to make this as simple and easy as possible).

This is a trial by REAL home gardeners who experience successes and failures in their garden.

I need 14 testers, hopefully 2 from each "southern" state.

(I have my goal from Texas.)

Email me at

Marigolds2012@gmail.com

if you are interested.

Thanks,

Bob

Here is a link that might be useful: See marigolds at this link

Comment (1)